Friday 29 May 2009

VISITORS


This gorgeous duck family are the first we have seen this year. Mum has kept them well hidden and still has 5 if you can see them all. We always throw some mixed corn under the bird table for passing Ducks but recently we have only had Pheasants visiting. We have 2 Swallow families nesting in the outbuildings this year and we have not got round to counting the House Martins under the eaves. We are thrilled each year with the amount and variety of birds nesting in the garden. Every one is a treasure to behold.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I am so interested in self sufficiency.
    I moved to the USA, with my young family in Nov last year from England, to pursue this exact lifestyle! I have searched and searched but have yet to find anyone to discuss in depth all of the questions I have. I have a big plan that is due to start next year, and I have been reseaching for the last 2 years.

    I would love for you to email me at mhumphries1966@gmail.com and we can discuss self sufficiency and living the good life in some depth, and maybe you can help me get a little more on track.

    Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you soon.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete