Friday 29 May 2009

Poppy Power

Couldnt let today go by without showing you a picture of my favourite Poppy - Mecanopsis Cambrica - The Welsh Poppy. Yes, i know they are not rare but they are just simply beautiful. I guess they have added meaning to me as my grandmother always had them in her garden. As a small child is was a fascinating place, with self seeded plants in every nook and cranny, and chickens at the bottom of the garden. Cabbages rubbed shoulders with Roses and Blackcuarrants with Onions. It was a true cottage garden. Her apple trees were nameless delights and her wall trained Japonica provided the fuit for the most amazing Quince Jelly.

1 comment:

  1. This colour of flower is very beautiful. I planned this in my garden. It looks awesome to design in photo frames.
    Foam ear plugs

    ReplyDelete